Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 11: reading diary B

This week I chose to read Monro's writing on Rama and Sita. I loved the story I did about Rama and Sita earlier in the semester, so I was interested in doing another reading on the pair. I saw this reading had a love story, which is another reason why I was drawn to it. The only love story I have done so far is on Rama and Sita, and that story was not so lovey dovey, as it really focused on Sita being sad. This reading starts a little slow by giving some background information on what's going on. They explain how Sita was bestowed to Rama, and how it was decided that Rama would be the heir to the King. This story gives a little different perspective on Rama and Sita, which I enjoyed. I think I may want to write a sequel to "Poor Sita" using this story's different characteristics but sticking with the very modern approach I had taken with that story. I think this could be a great addition to my portfolio.



Rama and Sita Monro
Rama and Sita (Hanuman-Bhakti)

No comments:

Post a Comment