Thursday, September 17, 2015

week 4: Growth Mindset

This week I decided to do a growth mindset challenge, and the one that really grabbed my attention was the meme challenge.  I love memes, I never knew how to make one, so maybe I will do that portion of the challenge next week, but for this week I just wanted to browse some of the memes Professor Gibbs compiled in her blog.  There was one in particular that stuck out to me that I loved that was about getting out of your comfort zone. 

Get out of Your Comfort Zone
I loved this meme for a few reasons.  First of all, I love cats.  Because I love cats so much I was immediately drawn to this particular meme.  I thought the cats face was hilarious and it reminded me of my cat's reaction when getting a bath (once every 5 years, ha ha).  I also really loved this meme because I thought it was representative of how I feel in this class.  I do not consider myself a great writer, and I also came into this course knowing nothing about Indian Epics or how to use a blog, so this course has definitely been out of my comfort zone a bit.  However, it has definitely been a good experience for me working on things that I was not so comfortable with beforehand.


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you liked that meme, Taylor! That picture was so funny that I knew I wanted to use it for something. And they really are easy to make: I use Cheezburger and Automotivator but there are so many meme tools out there; you can even make meme with pictures of your own too. Maybe you'll play with one of the Tech Tips later on about making memes: I think they are such a cool way to get people to stop and think, and because they are so funny, they are easy to remember too! I cannot offer you guys a swimming pool where you can lounge and relax, but at least I can offer meme-makers! :-)
    Tech Tips, including meme makers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor, I really like the meme you used! I have to admit, I've felt like that a lot this semester... Especially when there's so much I want to do, but don't seem to have time for it all! How cool that you've been able to leave your comfort zone with this class, from what I've read of your stories you've been doing incredibly well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, your cat meme is my favorite! I am obsessed with cat memes and I think that I could look at them all day, so this definitely caught my attention from the very beginning of reading your growth mindset post! I realize that this class has probably challenged you if you do not feel as if you are a great writer. I have felt similar challenges with this class and sometimes I find it hard for me to write a blog post. Your meme has given me new courage to take on this class and the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete