Sunday, September 27, 2015

Week 5: Reading Feedback

This week marked the beginning of the Mahabharata.  I thought this week's reading started out a little bit rough.  I felt like I was getting so much information and background of the characters that I need to make a little map and note who was who so I wouldn't get lost.  I had to go back and re-read certain sections a couple of times.  So far I like the story, but it does not feel like it flows as well as the Ramayana did.  I was excited to read the Ramayana, and was never bored or confused.  I feel like so far this reading is a little more detailed and challenging, but I am hoping I will get more into it this coming week.

Mahabharata (wikimedia commons)

1 comment:

  1. I felt the exact same way when I started reading the Mahabharata. I was really looking forward to it after reading the Ramayana, which I also thought flowed really well and was easy to follow. I read the Mahabharata and I still feel like I know nothing about the stories. There was just too many people and too many things going on!

    ReplyDelete